ASSOCIATE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Under the leadership & partnership with the Executive Director, this position will effectively oversee an operational budget of approximately $3.5 million dollars which includes, but is not limited to Membership, Healthy Lifestyles, Aquatics, Sports & Recreation, Youth & Teen programs, Facilities, and Branch Safety.
The branch, a full 100,000 sq. foot facility features 2 gymnasiums, 4 cardio exercise rooms, 2 pools and 1 hot tub, two group exercise studios, free weight room, three locker rooms, child activity center, and teen hub. Along with the full facility on Schrader Blvd., the Hollywood YMCA has numerous programs across the community that includes PE PLAY at four local elementary schools, numerous grant-funded preventative health & wellness programs, as well as other youth leadership programs such as Youth and Government.
The Hollywood YMCA is seeking a true self-starter committed to building the next generation of Y leaders and impactful programs through accountability, innovation, volunteerism, relationship building, and strong financial management.
Oversees assigned areas of a YMCA branch which may include membership, marketing, programs and/or facilities. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
Hours and Salary
SALARY RANGE: $65,000-$73,000
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
Hollywood YMCA 1553 N. Schrader Blvd. Hollywood, CA 90028
• EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Recreation Management, Physical Education or equivalent (preferred)
• RELATED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years of management experience (YMCA program director, preferred)
• SPECIALIZED SKILLS: Knowledge and demonstrated competence in implementing best practices in membership development, program operations & development, facility management, volunteer and staff development, and financial development; strong written and oral communication skills in both English & Spanish (preferred)
• LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Multi-Team or Branch Leader Certification (preferred)
PROGRAM OPERATIONS/MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
1. Develop, implement and achieve enrollment goals identified in Branch Annual Operating Plan, including providing leadership to the overall facility and program/membership experience.
2. Provide leadership to the development and delivery of all facility and community-based programs in accordance with established standards and guidelines.
3. Develop and direct high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals and strategies. May direct branch marketing and communication efforts.
4. May ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
5. Serve as a member of YMCA management and support the overall objectives of the YMCA.
STAFF ENGAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
6. Recruit, hire and place staff using screening tools and panel interviews to gain the best possible fit with each vacancy.
7. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
8. Provide leadership to Program Directors with regards to managing programs and facilities in order to meet operating plans.
BUDGET & FISCAL MANAGEMENT
9. Develop, manage and monitor assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommend adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submit reports on current operations.
10. Work in partnership with the Executive Director to achieve Annual Support Campaign fundraising goals.
11. Assist with the management of the Teams Portion of the Annual Campaign based on calendar and chart of work.
12. Identify, recruit, train and recognize a high number of volunteers in program and committee participation.
13. Assist the Executive Director in planning for meetings of the Association and assist in the preparation of reports of the meetings to the Board of Managers; Assist the Executive Director in keeping the Board of Managers informed and advised on programs, practices and activities of the Association.
14. Serve as staff officer to a Board standing committee related to branch operations. Work with volunteer officer to develop chart of work. Prepare, document and lead monthly meetings.
15. Represent and promote the YMCA in the local community and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses and governmental entities. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
16. Build a strong relationship with the community by evaluating the scope and quality of the programs the branch currently offers, community needs and other providers. Document attributes of primary target market for each program, design and operate programs based on target market.
17. Develop and implement marketing, promotional and communication programs for new member enrollment.
18. Plan, design and implement promotion plans with measurable objectives.
19. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
20. Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
21. Demonstrate 4 core YMCA Character Values (Honesty, Caring, Responsibility and Respect) in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
22. Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause-Driven Leadership areas of Mission Advancement, Collaboration, Operational Effectiveness and Personal Growth.
23. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
The Y’s Leadership Competency Model is comprised of 18 Leadership Competencies (leadership knowledge, skills, and behaviors required for success in the Y), organized by the four disciplines of Cause-Driven Leadership:
Mission Advancement: Advancing the Y’s promise to strengthen community
Competencies include: Values, Community, Volunteerism, Philanthropy
Collaboration: Working with, understanding and developing others
Competencies Include: Inclusion, Relationships, Influence, Communication, Developing Others
Operational Effectiveness: Ensuring relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability
Competencies include: Decision Making, Innovation, Project Management, Finance, Quality Results
Personal Growth: Developing continually to adapt to new challenges
Competencies include: Self Development, Change Capacity, Emotional Maturity, Functional Expertise
How to Apply
SELECTION Resumes Due: November 23, 2017
SCHEDULE: Interviews Anticipated: November 27th-28th, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: December 28th, 2017
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Audrieechnoz@ymcala.org