Child Care Teachers & Aides
Do you love working with children? Do you have the desire to make a difference in kid's lives? If yes, then the Torrance-South Bay YMCA has the position for you! We are looking for passionate, energetic, and professional individuals for the 2017-2018 school year to serve as child care teachers and aides for our before & after school program.
Hours and Salary
Positions are part-time. Teachers starting at $13.50/hr, Aides starting at $12/hr
2900 W. Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance CA 90505 310 325 5885, www.ymcaLA.org/tsb
Child care Teacher Qualifications:
• 12 ECE units or equivalent coursework
• Prior experience working with children
Child Care Aide Qualifications:
• High school graduate
• Minimum of 18 years old
• Some experience preferred
Applicants applying for all positions for our afternoon program must be available Monday through Friday from 2:00/3:00-6:00pm.
Applicants applying for our morning position must be available Monday through Friday from 6:30-8:30am.
Applicants holding child development units are strongly considered.
Child Care Teacher/Aide Duties:
• Supervision of a group of children
• Planning and implementing curriculum, family events, etc.
• Basic site cleaning and upkeep
• Communicating with co-workers and parents in a professional manner
How to Apply
Please send application to Suzanne Villa at suzannevilla@ymcaLA.org. For more information call 310.602.4881. Application available at www.ymcala.org/metro/jobs.