Facilities Technician Senior
The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring a change in people’s lives.
The Facilities Technician Senior is responsible for monitoring and maintaining day to day facility operations, repairs, and maintenance for the buildings in their assigned region. This position will identify possible deficiencies through regular and thorough inspection of the building premises. Responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance work, repairs, emergency response and project work on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) related systems and equipment. The Facilities Technician Senior will maintain aesthetic quality for their assigned buildings as well as completion of regular repair and maintenance to facilities as necessary.
Hours and Salary
Full-Time Position / With Benefits
Salary Range: $20.00 - $24.00/hr. (to start)
Various Locations throughout Metropolitan Los Angeles
• EDUCATION: high school diploma, or equivalent
• RELATED EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years’ experience as a building engineer or maintenance technician in a commercial environment; 3 years’ experience in commercial HVAC or related area
• SPECIALIZED SKILLS: ability to understand, interpret and analyze blueprints, schematics, layouts, wiring diagrams and equipment specifications; ability to read, understand and interpret documents such as safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions
• LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Valid CA Driver License; REQUIRED: EPA 608 universal/ HVAC and/or 2 years’ experience repairing HVAC systems
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. You will not have a fixed work location but will be expected to report to multiple work sites as assigned by your supervisor.
1. Report to multiple sites within the association as assigned by a supervisor on a daily basis or to respond to emergencies this is an essential function.
2. Maintain, repair, and paint facility and equipment for assigned buildings. Balance physical resources to maintain Association standards.
3. Administer and implement the Preventative Maintenance Plan for assigned buildings, including grounds, paint, roofs, vehicles, and equipment, etc.
4. Maintain aesthetic quality of facility and grounds to ensure member and staff satisfaction.
5. Monitor building for safety concerns, security and member concerns: Manage daily and quarterly facility inspections to ensure safety, and full life of the association’s physical assets.
6. Ensure safety environment in all assigned buildings through proper maintenance repair and emergency response.
7. Manage projects and perform major building and facility repairs for assigned buildings.
8. Perform pool maintenance and repairs for assigned buildings.
9. Create, and monitor complete facility repair checklist.
10. Oversee and provide leadership to other Facilities Technicians or volunteers who are dispatched to projects as assigned by supervisor.
11. Use Facility Dude system to manage projects and repairs
12. Adhere to project budgets; ensure projects, repairs and facility renovation are completed on time and within the established budget.
13. Maintain a standard inventory of supplies and equipment for assigned buildings.
14. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
15. Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
16. Demonstrate the Six Pillars of Character (Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Caring, and Fairness) as well as the YMCA Core Values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
17. Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
18. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
The Y’s Leadership Competency Model is comprised of 18 leadership competencies (leadership knowledge, skills, and behaviors required for success in the Y), organized by the four disciplines of cause-driven leadership:
• Mission Advancement- advancing the Y’s promise to strengthen community
Competencies include: Values, Community, Volunteerism, and Philanthropy
• Collaboration- working with, understanding and developing others
Competencies Include: Inclusion, Relationships, Influence, Communication, Developing Others
• Operational Effectiveness: ensuring relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability
Competencies include: Decision Making, Innovation, Project Management, Finance, and Quality Results
• Personal Growth- developing continually to adapt to new challenges
Competencies include: Self Development, Change Capacity, Emotional Maturity, and Functional Expertise
While all competencies are significant the following are critical to success in this position:
• Project Management
• Decision Making
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.