The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring a change in people’s lives.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for general facility maintenance and repairs including plumbing, carpentry, masonry, painting, electrical, boilers and repair and maintenance of central heating, ventilation and air conditioning for the buildings in their assigned region. The Facilities Technician will ensure equipment and Association properties are safe, maintained and repaired in a timely manner. The Facilities Technician will maintain aesthetic quality for their assigned buildings, as well as completion of regular repair and maintenance to facilities as necessary.
Hours and Salary
Full-Time / With Benefits
Salary Range: $16.00 - $18.00/hr
Various Locations throughout Metropolitan Los Angeles
• EDUCATION: high school diploma, or equivalent
• RELATED EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years of experience as a building engineer or maintenance technician in a commercial environment;
• SPECIALIZED SKILLS: understand, interpret and analyze blueprints, schematics, layouts, wiring diagrams and equipment specifications; ability to read, understand and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions; understand commercial HVAC or related area;
• LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Valid CA Driver License.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Will not have a fixed work location, but will be expected to report to multiple work sites as assigned by supervisor.
1. Report to multiple sites within the association as assigned by supervisor on a daily basis.
2. Perform maintenance, repair, project work, or emergency response.
3. Perform installation, preventive maintenance, adjustments, and basic repairs to buildings and systems, including but not limited to: plumbing, basic electrical, carpentry, painting, fixtures, locks and doors, and pool repairs as assigned.
4. Responsible for completing and updating all maintence and repair work orders assigned.
5. Responsible for painting, lighting, furniture, locker repair, flooring, and glass repair.
6. Troubleshoot all HVAC issues and submit a detailed workorder as needed.
7. Perform various other maintenance related tasks indoors and outdoors as directed; provide regular preventative maintenace to facilities and grounds.
8. Performs daily building checks for maintenance, safety and cleaning issues.
9. Complete facility inspections to ensure safety and achieve full life of the association’s physical assets.
10. Assess work orders daily with supervisor to determine priority of assignments. Update status daily.
11. Perform work and repairs in accordance with State and local standards.
12. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
13. Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
14. Demonstrate the Six Pillars of Character (Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Caring, and Fairness) as well as the YMCA Core Values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
15. Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
16. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
The Y’s Leadership Competency Model is comprised of 18 leadership competencies (leadership knowledge, skills, and behaviors required for success in the Y), organized by the four disciplines of cause-driven leadership:
• Mission Advancement- advancing the Y’s promise to strengthen community
Competencies include: Values, Community, Volunteerism, and Philanthropy
• Collaboration- working with, understanding and developing others
Competencies Include: Inclusion, Relationships, Influence, Communication, Developing Others
• Operational Effectiveness: ensuring relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability
Competencies include: Decision Making, Innovation, Project Management, Finance, and Quality Results
• Personal Growth- developing continually to adapt to new challenges
Competencies include: Self Development, Change Capacity, Emotional Maturity, and Functional Expertise
While all competencies are significant the following are critical to success in this position:
• Project Management
• Decision Making
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org