Healthy Lifestyles Coach
The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth
development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work at the Y, you
take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring a change in people’s lives.
As a Healthy Lifestyles Coach, you will proactively manage the Y membership
experience by interacting positively with members, staff, and guests.
Hours and Salary
Montebello-Commerce YMCA 2000 W Beverly Blvd Montebello, CA 90640
PREFERRED CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES
Position requires a mature, self-confident, friendly and conscientious individual who is capable of positively teaching and guiding members in a welcoming environment. Healthy Lifestyles Coaches are responsible for engaging with members and conducting one-on-one wellness appointments.
• Current CPR/AED certification required. First Aid highly preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
• National Accredited Personal Fitness Certification preferred
Member Service and Involvement
• Warmly and enthusiastically greet members with a smile and eye contact. Be aware of member’s needs and make an effort to approach them before they approach you. Anticipate their needs.
• Personalize relationships with members by introducing yourself and asking the name of each member with whom you come into contact. Make a point of remembering member names and use them frequently. When the opportunity arises introduce members to other members or to fellow staff.
• Understand and be able to discuss and promote all YMCA programs.
• Be flexible and adaptable in order to accommodate members’ needs and wants.
• Be able to answer member’s questions, concerns and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
• Be able to effectively problem solve, taking full responsibility to remedy the situation and follow through to its completion.
• Always conveys a positive attitude when interacting with members, or in the presence of members.
• Make yourself available to all members regardless of age, gender, race, socioeconomic status, or fitness level.
How to Apply
Send resumes and/or applications with references to:
Stephanie Marron Sr. Program Director by November 13th