Indoor Cycling Instructor
The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring a change in people’s lives. As an Instructor, you will proactively manage the Y membership experience by interacting positively with members, staff, and guests.
Hours and Salary
$18-20.00/ hour commensurate with experience and certification
Part time/Non Exempt
4301 W 3rd Street Los Angeles, CA 90020
PREFERRED CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES
Position requires a mature, self-confident, friendly and conscientious individual who is capable of positively instructing and guiding members in a welcoming environment. Instructor will teach Group Exercise classes for members of all ages.
• Current Group Fitness Certification required. AFAA, ACE, or NACSM preferred.
• Current CPR/AED certification required
• Indoor Group Cycling Certification
• Warmly and enthusiastically greet members with a smile and eye contact. Be aware of member’s needs and make an effort to approach them before they approach you. Anticipate their needs.
• Personalize relationships with members by introducing yourself and asking the name of each member with whom you come into contact. Make a point of remembering member names and use them frequently. When the opportunity arises introduce members to other members or to fellow staff.
• Understand and be able to discuss and promote all YMCA programs.
• Be flexible and adaptable in order to accommodate members’ needs and wants.
• Be able to answer member’s questions, concerns, and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
• Be able to effectively problem solve, taking full responsibility to remedy the situation and follow through to its completion.
• Always conveys a positive attitude when interacting with members, or in the presence of members.
• Make yourself available to all members regardless of age, gender, race, socioeconomic status, or fitness level.
How to Apply
Send resumes and/or applications with references to:
Joseph Padilla: Healthy Lifestyles Director