Membership Sales and Service Director
Through an innovative partnership with the Los Angeles Unified School District, the new Collins & Katz Family YMCA will be a state-of-the-art 72,000 square foot YMCA facility and parking structure on the campus of University High School in West Los Angeles. In addition to offering full-service amenities for its members, the Y will help address the reduction of public school programs by providing extended physical education opportunities for students on campus. Serving the community since 1941, the Westside Family YMCA will triple its capacity as the Collins & Katz Family YMCA.
For over 130 years the Los Angeles YMCA has strengthened our communities through programs that promote Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. This is our opportunity to be a leader in your community by serving as The Membership Sales & Service Director. This fast-paced, dynamic position is responsible for leading membership growth including marketing and lead generation, prospect management, conversion to membership, and membership retention. The Membership Sales & Service Director will empower others by sharing insights and modeling behavior, specifically as it relates to creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere, providing excellent customer service, identifying and actively problem-solving to overcome objections/obstacles to joining and ensuring seamless new member on-boarding. The Membership Sales & Service Director will set, monitor and work to exceed sales goals, coach team members accordingly, holding them accountable and strategically manage the acquisition and retention/engagement promotional budget to a positive ROI. Other key functions include grassroots marketing, promotional event planning and execution, staff development/training, annual campaign support, budget development and fiscal management.
Hours and Salary
Full-time, exempt position -
$47,000 - $49,000 (Commensurate with Experience)
Excellent Benefit Package + 10% Retirement Fund Contribution
Collins & Katz YMCA 1466 S Westgate Los Angeles, CA 90025
• High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year degree preferred
• Knowledge of Healthy Lifestyles programs - preferred
• Strong character values; strong written & verbal communication skills; basic computer skills and working knowledge of M/S Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; trained in Listen First, preferred
• 2-5 Marketing and sales experience; 1-2 years of supervisory experience
1. Develop strategies to drive potential members through marketing initiatives including: social media, word of mouth, referrals, acquisition events, grass roots efforts, etc.
2. Obtain sales leads via walk-ins, telephone inquiries and membership marketing efforts
3. Conduct all phone and in-person prospective member interviews (during hours worked), and provide welcoming and thorough tours; Close all interviews/tours with an invitation to join the YMCA.
4. Follow up with all prospects in an effort to convert prospects to membership; meet or exceed monthly prospecting goals.
5. Meet or exceed individual monthly sales goals.
6. Manage reporting and analysis as it relates to new member growth, including data management and report analysis (e.g. weekly tour/pass reports and conversion rates, Percent of new member/prospect records with email/phone, etc.).
7. Intervene in all membership cancellations and conduct all associated exit interviews; strive to save relationships.
8. Create a welcoming environment through the management of Welcome Center staff; In addition to modeling outstanding customer service to members, guests, and program participants
9. Recruit and hire staff using screening tools and panel interviews to gain the best possible fit with each opening.
10. Provide direct supervision to staff, assuring that all staff are qualified, certified and meeting or exceeding the minimum performance standard for their position.
11. Regularly provide staff updates on branch goals and corresponding metrics that support goals, including but not limited to contact data quality, number of prospects, conversion rates and retention rates.
12. Develop annual sales and operating budget for the Membership Department, including sales goals, cancellation estimates and marketing expenses. Manage the department budget to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and operations goals. Maintain systems for variance analysis, revenue and expense monitoring and control.
13. Actively support and participate in the annual campaign, achieving volunteer recruitment and goals as established by the branch.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com