Membership Sales Representative
Through an innovative partnership with the Los Angeles Unified School District, the new Collins & Katz Family YMCA will be a state-of-the-art 72,000 square foot YMCA facility and parking structure on the campus of University High School in West Los Angeles. In addition to offering full-service amenities for its members, the Y will help address the reduction of public school programs by providing extended physical education opportunities for students on campus. Serving the community since 1941, the Westside Family YMCA will triple its capacity as the Collins & Katz Family YMCA.
This is your opportunity to make a difference in your community by serving as a Membership Sales Representative. The Membership Sales Representative is responsible for leading membership growth including marketing and lead generation, prospect management, and conversion to membership. The Membership Sales Representative will meet and exceed sales goals by handling all membership inquiries (phone, email, in person), identifying and actively problem-solving to overcome objections/obstacles to joining. Other responsibilities will include community outreach by participating in the planning and execution of membership marketing events in an effort to increase membership growth.
Hours and Salary
Part-time, non-exempt position
Collins & Katz YMCA 1466 S Westgate Los Angeles, CA 90025
• High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year degree preferred
• Strong character values; strong written & verbal communication skills; basic computer skills and working knowledge of M/S Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; trained in Listen First, preferred
• 1-2 years Marketing and Sales experience
1. Create a welcoming environment for all by warmly greeting all members and guests.
2. Assist Membership Sales Director to develop strategies to drive potential members and retain existing members through marketing initiatives including: social media, word of mouth, referrals, acquisition events etc.
3. Obtain sales leads via walk-ins, telephone inquiries and membership marketing events
4. Conduct all phone and in-person prospective member interviews (during hours worked), and provide welcoming and thorough tours; Close all interviews/tours with an invitation to join the YMCA; Meet or exceed individual monthly sales goals.
5. Follow up with all prospects in an effort to convert prospects to membership; meet or exceed monthly prospecting goals.
6. Provide supplementary support to Membership Service team when necessary including: customer service, program registration , facility access
7. Complete necessary reporting as it relates to new member growth, including data management and report analysis (e.g. weekly tour/pass reports and conversion rates, Percent of new member/prospect records with email/phone, etc.).
8. Intervene in all membership cancellations and conduct all associated exit interviews; strive to save relationships.
How to Apply
Send resumes with cover letter to NathanielWinston@ymcaLA.org