Membership Sales Representative
For over 130 years the Los Angeles YMCA has strengthened our communities through programs that promote Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. This is your opportunity to make a difference in your community by serving as a Membership Service Representative. The Membership Representative is responsible for providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere for members, participants and guests while providing and helpful information and excellent customer service. This position is responsible for all aspects of membership relations, new member management, member satisfaction and retention.
Hours and Salary
Part-time, non-exempt position
$12.00 – $13.00 per hour
Anderson Munger Family YMCA 4301 W 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90020
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Strong character values; strong written & verbal communication skills; basic computer skills and working knowledge of M/S Office; trained in Listen First, preferred
• Availability to work minimum of 15 hours per week
1. Create a welcoming environment for all by warmly greeting all members and guests.
2. Provide excellent customer service to members, guests, and program participants.
3. Process program registrations, payments, and membership enrollments.
4. Respond to inquiries by providing accurate and thorough information at all times while on the phone or conducting an interview.
5. Provide access control by confirming that all membership cards are scanned upon entry to ensure membership is active and up to date. This includes checking to ensure photo on membership card matches individual entering the facility as well as checking Member Access Notes to resolve any outstanding matters when necessary.
6. Provide supplementary support to Membership Sales Team when necessary, including: providing over the phone and in-person prospective member interviews, and provide welcoming and thorough tours. Close all interviews/tours with an invitation to join the YMCA; Offer possible options when members inquire into cancellations, while following all appropriate procedures.
7. Respond promptly and courteously to all member complaints, compliments and inquiries while following the appropriate procedures at all times.
8. Understand and be able to discuss and promote all YMCA programs. Inform members of YMCA programs that will meet their changing needs and interests.
9. Engage with members regarding their participation in YMCA Programs, Annual Support Campaign, and special events.
How to Apply
Send Resumes to Mertonharris@ymcala.org and Marbelynarce@ymcala.org