Membership Sales Representative
For over 130 years the Los Angeles YMCA has strengthened our communities through programs that promote Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. This is your opportunity to make a difference in your community by serving as a Membership Sales Representative. The Membership Sales Representative is responsible for leading membership growth including marketing and lead generation, prospect management, and conversion to membership. The Membership Sales Representative will meet and exceed sales goals by handling all membership inquiries (phone, email, in person), identifying and actively problem-solving to overcome objections/obstacles to joining. Other responsibilities will include community outreach by participating in the planning and execution of membership marketing events in an effort to increase membership growth.
Hours and Salary
Part-time, non-exempt position Friday-Sunday
$12.00 per hour Excellent Benefit Package + 10% Retirement Fund Contribution
5142 Tujunga Avenue N Hollywood, CA 91601
High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year degree preferred
Strong character values; strong written & verbal communication skills; basic computer skills and working knowledge of M/S Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; trained in Listen First, preferred
1-2 years Marketing and Sales experience
Create a welcoming environment for all by warmly greeting all members and guests.
2. Assist Membership Sales Director to develop strategies to drive potential members and retain existing members through marketing initiatives including social media, word of mouth, referrals, acquisition events etc.
3. Obtain sales leads via walk-ins, telephone inquiries, and membership marketing events
4. Conduct all phone and in-person prospective member interviews (during hours worked), and provide welcoming and thorough tours; Close all interviews/tours with an invitation to join the YMCA; Meet or exceed individual monthly sales goals.
5. Follow up with all prospects in an effort to convert prospects to membership; meet or exceed monthly prospecting goals.
6. Provide supplementary support to Membership Service team when necessary including customer service, program registration, facility access
YMCA OF METROPOLITAN LOS ANGELES
7. Complete necessary reporting as it relates to new member growth, including data management and report analysis (e.g. weekly tour/pass reports and conversion rates, Percent of new member/prospect records with email/phone, etc.).
8. Intervene in all membership cancellations and conduct all associated exit interviews; strive to save relationships.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to Casey Banks at CaseyBanks@ymcaLA.org by November 10, 2017.