Membership Service Representative
The Membership Service Representative is responsible for providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere for members, participants and guest while providing and helpful information and excellent customer service. This position is responsible for all aspects of membership relations, including new member management, member satisfaction, and member retention.
Hours and Salary
$12.00 - $15.00/hr
821 Via de la Paz Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
EDUCATION: high school diploma or equivalent
SPECIALIZED SKILLS: Strong character values; communication skills; Basic computer skills and working knowledge of M/S Office
RELATED EXPERIENCE: Customer service experience
AVAILABILITY: Must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Create a welcoming environment for all by warmly greeting all members and guests.
2. Provide excellent customer service to members, guests, and program participants.
3. Ensure all membership and program enrollments are accurately processed ensuring all member information is current, by confirming contact information during enrollment.
4. Process program registrations, payments, and membership enrollments.
5. Respond to inquiries by providing accurate and thorough information at all times while on the phone or conducting an interview.
6. Provide access control by confirming that all membership cards are scanned upon entry to ensure membership is active and up to date. This includes checking to ensure photo on membership card matches individual entering the facility as well as checking Member Access Notes to resolve any outstanding matters when necessary.
7. Provide supplementary support to Membership Sales Team when necessary, including:
a. Providing over the phone and in-person prospective member interviews, and provide welcoming and thorough tours. Close all interviews/tours with an invitation to join the YMCA.
8. Respond promptly and courteously to all member complaints, compliments and inquiries while following the appropriate procedures at all times.
9. Understand and be able to discuss and promote all YMCA programs. Inform members of YMCA programs that will meet their changing needs and interests.
10. Engage with members regarding their participation in YMCA Programs, Annual Support Campaign, and special events.
11. Offer possible options when members inquire into cancellations while following all appropriate procedures.
Administration & Compliance
12. Comply with and enforce Code of Conduct, Dress Code, Cell Phone, AWAY, Member-Guest and Guest Pass policies, and administrate member issues as they arise. Positively interpret these policies to members.
13. Follow daily cash handling procedures when processing payments and end of day reconciliation
14. Attend staff meetings and training as required.
15. Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
16. Demonstrate the Six Pillars of Character (Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Caring, Fairness) as well as the YMCA Core Values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
17. Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
18. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
The Y’s Leadership Competency Model is comprised of 18 leadership competencies (leadership knowledge, skills, and behaviors required for success in the Y), organized by the four disciplines of cause-driven leadership:
Mission Advancement- advancing the Y’s promise to strengthen community
Competencies include: Values, Community, Volunteerism, Philanthropy
Collaboration- working with, understanding and developing others
Competencies Include: Inclusion, Relationships, Influence, Communication, Developing Others
Operational Effectiveness: ensuring relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability
Competencies include: Decision Making, Innovation, Project Management, Finance, Quality Results
Personal Growth- developing continually to adapt to new challenges
Competencies include: Self Development, Change Capacity, Emotional Maturity, Functional Expertise
While all competencies are significant the following are critical to success in this position:
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to AliSheaffer@ymcala.org.