Membership Service Representative
The Membership Service Representative is responsible for providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere for members, participants and guest while providing and helpful information and excellent customer service. This position is responsible for all aspects of membership relations, including new member management, member satisfaction, and member retention.
Hours and Salary
Hours: 20 – 25 (Evenings and Weekends Required)
GARDENA-CARSON FAMILY YMCA 1000 W. Artesia Boulevard Gardena, CA 90248
• EDUCATION: high school diploma or equivalent
• SPECIALIZED SKILLS: Strong character values; communication skills; Basic computer skills and working knowledge of M/S Office
• RELATED EXPERIENCE: Customer service experience
• AVAILABILITY: Must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Create a welcoming environment for all by warmly greeting all members and guests.
2. Provide excellent customer service to members, guests, and program participants.
3. Ensure all membership and program enrollments are accurately processed ensuring all member information is current, by confirming contact information during enrollment.
4. Process program registrations, payments, and membership enrollments.
5. Respond to inquiries by providing accurate and thorough information at all times while on the phone or conducting an interview.
6. Provide access control by confirming that all membership cards are scanned upon entry to ensure membership is active and up to date. This includes checking to ensure photo on membership card matches individual entering the facility as well as checking Member Access Notes to resolve any outstanding matters when necessary.
7. Provide supplementary support to Membership Sales Team when necessary, including:
a. Providing over the phone and in-person prospective member interviews, and provide welcoming and thorough tours. Close all interviews/tours with an invitation to join the YMCA.
8. Respond promptly and courteously to all member complaints, compliments and inquiries while following the appropriate procedures at all times.
9. Understand and be able to discuss and promote all YMCA programs. Inform members of YMCA programs that will meet their changing needs and interests.
10. Engage with members regarding their participation in YMCA Programs, Annual Support Campaign, and special events.
11. Offer possible options when members inquire into cancellations while following all appropriate procedures.
How to Apply
Please send Resume’s to Dora Gadia at doragadia@ymcaLA.org
Submission Deadline: 11/17/17