PLAY Coach (Physical Learning Activities for Youth)
Do you love being active or sports? Do you love working with children? Do you have the desire to make a difference in kids’ lives? If yes, then we have a position for you! The Hollywood YMCA is looking for passionate, energetic, and professional individuals for the 2017-2018 school year to serve as PLAY (Physical Education) coaches. The PLAY Coach position offers a fun and exciting opportunity teaching elementary aged students on school campuses in sport and physical education between the hours of 8am-3pm (hour and days are flexible). Join a winning team dedicated to making a difference, while working outside coaching kids in the beautiful Southern California weather!
Hours and Salary
0-29 hours/week, non-exempt, Part-Time Hourly, *Seasonal Position.
*Seasonal with the 2017-2018 School year; including no hours available during LAUSD breaks, vacations, and unassigned days determined by each respective elementary school
4 Schools in the greater Hollywood area
• Kinesiology, Physical Education, Education, or Pedagogy background preferred.
• Experience working with grades K-5.
• Ability to communicate effectively and relate to youth.
• Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to inform, educate and motivate students in all areas of health and physical fitness.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
• Ability to assist members/students in all aspects of physical fitness and barriers they must overcome to achieve their goals.
• Ability to assist members/students in all Healthy Lifestyle programs available.
• Aid in the development and amend (as necessary) monthly lesson plans to ensure organization and quality.
• Implement daily lesson plans in an environment so that each student has an opportunity for success and an ability to increase their confidence as it relates to physical activity and health.
• Make notations regarding each individual’s participation, behavior and progress.
• Proactively build friendships between the teachers, the staff, and the students. Learn student’s strengths and weaknesses so you can motivate and tailor lesson plans to meet their needs.
• Report problems, breakdowns in equipment, infringement on policies and unusual situations to appropriate supervisor/director.
• Positively discipline and redirect children.
• Smile and maintain a positive attitude, developing strong relationships with teachers, parents, kids, and coworkers.
• Maintain a professional appearance and wear the uniform that is provided to you.
• Must attend all mandatory trainings needed for the job.
• Perform any additional task as assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
Send your resume and references via email to GabrielOsollo@ymcala.org
If you have any questions, please call Gabriel at 323-762.8778.