Senior Director of Membership and Youth & Family Programs
For over 130 years the Los Angeles YMCA has strengthened our communities through programs that promote Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. This is your opportunity to make a difference in your community by serving as a Senior Program Director of Membership and Youth and Family. The Senior Program Director will empower others by sharing insights and modeling behavior, specifically as it relates to creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere, providing excellent customer service. He/she is responsible for coaching team members accordingly, holding them accountable and strategically managing and leading membership growth including marketing and lead generation, prospect management, conversion to membership, and membership retention/engagement of members. The Senior Program Director is also responsible for the development and operation of Youth and Family programs including year-round youth programs, child activity center, day camp, youth dance, youth sports, fitness, and enrichment programs. Responsibilities will include program development, member support and engagement, program growth and retention, fiscal management, volunteer and staff development, program marketing, and communications. Other responsibilities will include community outreach by participating in the planning and execution of membership marketing events in an effort to increase membership growth, staff development/training, and annual campaign support.
Hours and Salary
Full-time, Exempt Position, $45,864 -$56,264 Annually Excellent Benefit Package + 10% Retirement Fund Contribution
Weingart East Los Angeles YMCA 2900 Whittier Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90023
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
4-5 years experience as a YMCA Director, or experience in a related field.
YMCA Multi-Team Leader Certification preferred.
Background must include strong skills in human relations, budgeting, sound fiscal management, program management, volunteer and staff development, board committee relation
1. Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations.
2. Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand individual’s goals and interests, and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
3. Work with Associate Executive Director to enhance and add value to the Y membership experience.
4. Recognize and promote member service and retention as the primary responsibility of all staff.
5. Develop and implement comprehensive membership recruitment, marketing, and retention plans.
6. Based on budget, create a plan for and track monthly membership sales.
7. Work with the technical support and program staff to create best practices in the registration of membership and programs.
8. Provide member feedback for program directors.
9. Employ, supervise, schedule and evaluate all member service staff to ensure the highest standard of service.
10. Develop and implement systems so member service staff have the necessary information to provide timely and accurate information to customers in person, by telephone or electronically.
11. Work with other directors to organize Y events.
12. Ensure welcoming environments in youth and family program areas.
13. Develop, implement and achieve enrollment goals identified in Branch Annual Operating Plan.
14. Plan and execute quality programming in the areas of year-round youth programs (youth sports, child activity center, day camp, youth dance, fitness, enrichment programs and volunteer engagement.
15. Oversee and conduct ongoing program member evaluations and surveys to ensure that high levels of quality in programs are maintained at all times; ensure outcomes align with the needs of the community and the branch strategic plan.
16. Set an example for all staff by greeting members by name and taking the initiative to talk to members.
17. Ensure that all facilities, program areas, and equipment are clean and in proper working order.
18. Plan and oversee event planning and organization for a musical theater production, showcase/dance recital, ballet company performance, vocal concert, and other small productions throughout the year.
19. Plan and staff Youth & Family committees and task forces.
20. Plan all programs, classes, and activities and enter in ActiveNet.
How to Apply
Send Cover letter and Resume to Mario Valenzuela at email@example.com by Friday, November 21, 2017, or until the position is filled. Please include in the subject line: Senior Director of Membership and Youth & Family Programs.