Small Group Exercise Instructor
The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. When you work at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change in people’s lives. As a Group Exercise Instructor you will proactively manage the Y membership experience by interacting positively with members, staff and guests.
Hours and Salary
Downey Family YMCA 11531 Downey Avenue Downey Ca, 90241
We’re looking for athletic, fitness oriented instructors who are able to teach any of the following: , Strength Training, HIIT, Met Con, TRX, Bootcamp, etc. You must be able to teach a multi-level class, addressing needs of various levels of participants, and be able to cue movements appropriately to ensure participant success. Position requires a mature, self-confident, friendly and conscientious individual who is capable of positively instructing and guiding members in a welcoming environment.
• 1 year teaching experience.
• CPR and First Aid certifications.
• Fitness related certification required.
• Warmly and enthusiastically greet members with a smile and eye contact. Be aware of member’s needs and make an effort to approach them before they approach you. Anticipate their needs.
• Personalize relationships with members by introducing yourself and asking the name of each member with whom you come into contact. Make a point of remembering member names and use them frequently. When the opportunity arises introduce members to other members or to fellow staff.
• Understand and be able to discuss and promote all YMCA programs.
• Be flexible and adaptable in order to accommodate members’ needs and wants.
• Be able to answer member’s questions, concerns and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
• Be able to effectively problem solve, taking full responsibility to remedy the situation and follow through to its completion.
• Always conveys a positive attitude when interacting with members, or in the presence of members.
• Make yourself available to all members regardless of age, gender, race, socioeconomic status, or fitness level.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to ErnestoMadrid@ymcala.org.