Swimming Lessons Instructor
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Swim Instructor is responsible for professional instruction of swim lessons.
Hours and Salary
$12 to $13 hourly (Part-time, non-exempt)
1605 Garfield Ave., South Pasadena, CA 91030
Must be at least 16 years old
• Standard First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer; Emergency Oxygen Administration
• Ability to swim with proficiency and endurance; ability to react appropriately and remain calm and efficient in caring for problems; knowledge of proper swimming techniques
• Experience instructing swim lessons or coaching aquatic programs preferred
• YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification or ARC Water Safety Instructor preferred
• American Red Cross (ARC) or YMCA Lifeguard Training preferred
As a member of the Aquatics team, the Swim Instructor is also responsible for the safety of members in the pool and pool area by enforcing policies and procedures courteously and professionally.
How to Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. Qualified applicant, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line "Swim Instructor" JoshuaWarner@ymcala.org. Telephone Number 626.799.9119 ext. 1003