Do you love working with children? Do you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of children? If yes, then we have the perfect position for you! We are looking for passionate, energetic and professional individuals for our various child care programs to serve as staff team members for our before and/or after-school programs, which serve children grades K-5.
Hours and Salary
Hours and Salary
• $13-13.50 per hour.
• (After School Positions): Part-Time, 10 to 25 hours per week, depending on site assigned
• (Before School Positions): Part-Time, 6 to 8 hours per week, depending on site assigned
• We do not offer benefits for part-time positions
• Our after-school programs are typically open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm or 6:30 pm and Tuesday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm or 6:30 pm
• Our before school programs are typically open from 6:30 am to 8:30 am.
• Before and After School program staff must be available 5 days a week during the afterschool hours listed above.
• You must be available 5 days a week (Monday-Friday) and you must be able to fulfill the hour requirements listed in the bullet points above. If your availability is limited, need not apply.
• When school is not in session, we offer day camp programs which run from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm and additional hours may be available.
The North Valley YMCA is Located at 11336 Corbin Ave, Porter Ranch Ca 91326. We have 15 School- Age, Child Care sites. All programs are held off-site at elementary schools, with the farthest 10 miles from the YMCA. If you are not willing to travel daily to these schools or do not have reliable transportation, need not apply.
• 12 units in Early Childhood Development / Child Development or 3 units in Early Childhood Development / Child Development and 9 units in a related field (for a total of 12 units); accepted units in a related field may include: Recreation (art, dance, music, theater, etc.), Physical Education, Human Services or Social Welfare (home economics, nursing, psychology, sociology, counseling, etc.) or Education units earned towards an elementary school or middle school teaching credential. We will accept any combination of 12 units in either ECE/CD/CADV and/or a related field as long as at least 3 units are in ECE, CD or CADV.
• Prior experience working with children.
• Before you apply, please ensure that your resume or cover letter clearly indicate that you have 12 qualifying units for this position. We will reject any resumes that do not clearly show that the applicant has the unit requirement. Because our after school programs are state licensed, the unit requirement is non-negotiable and is required.
• Supervision of a group of up to 14 children.
• Planning and implementation of curriculum, family events, etc.
• Basic site cleaning and upkeep.
• Administrative paperwork
• Communicating with co-workers and parents in a professional manner.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please download and print a YMCA Job Application from our website at this link: http://www.ymcala.org/page/-/Complete%20Employment%20Application%20-%20Rev.%2012.16.pdf. Be sure to download the application to your computer before you type into the application. Once you have completely filled out the application, please print the application and sign your signature in all places that require a signature. You can then either, (1) scan the application and a copy of your unofficial transcripts and e-mail it to Karensandoval@ymcala.org or, (2) you can drop-off the application and a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the North Valley YMCA located at 11336 Corbin Ave, Porter Ranch Ca 91326 to the front desk membership staff (please only drop your application off to the front desk membership staff and they will ensure that the application is submitted to the child care department).