Teacher II (Subsidy Childcare Program)
The Child Care Teacher II is responsible for the direct supervision, teaching and safety of all enrolled children in the Title 5 Child Care Program (including a group of up to 8 children). The position plans monthly curriculum and conducts activities for school-age children and assists in the implementation of an enriching and nurturing children’s program. This position must ensure the safety of children at all times.
The Child Care Teacher assists the Site Director and Program Director with the completion of desired results and maintenance of program quality standards for the site. The Child Care Teacher II may direct the work of a Teacher’s Aide and will provide overall assistance to the site in the absence of the Site Director.
Hours and Salary
Part-Time (Seasonal), 20-30 Hours per week (Salary Range is $12.75 to $14.00 per hour)
Our child care program is open Mon-Fri; 7:30 am. To 4:15 pm. You may also be required to attend Saturday training, meetings, and events in addition to your regular work schedule.
Weingart East Los Angeles YMCA 2900 Whittier Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90023
• AGE: Eighteen years or older
• EDUCATION: high school diploma or equivalent
• ECE UNITS: Twelve units of Early Childhood Education, or three units Early Childhood Education plus nine related or equivalent unit; For Preschool Only: Child Development Associate Teacher Permit, Teacher Permit, or Master Teacher Permit
• RELATED EXPERIENCE: 3+ years’ experience working with children in a group setting; 6 months experience in a licensed child care center.
• SPECIALIZED SKILLS: Strong character values; communication skills; emotional maturity
• IMMUNIZATION AND PHYSICAL: Current TB, influenza (limited exceptions), pertussis, and measles vaccination and physical exam.
• LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Current First Aid; Adult, Infant and Child CPR Certifications (preferred)
1. Warmly greet children and parents; creating a welcoming and nurturing environment for all participants and guests.
2. Prepare and implement a well-rounded calendar and curriculum for your group that is child-centered, asset based and achieves YMCA goals with children and families.
3. Help children manage behavior using a positive approach, including redirection and using constructive discipline with natural and logical consequences.
4. Maintain an exceptionally clean and safe environment in the child care facility.
5. Work with the site director in providing continuous program feedback to parents regarding their child/children’s participation and behavior in the program.
6. Maintain daily progress portfolio for each child; Conduct parent conferences for each child two times per year.
7. Oversee and provide guidance to assigned Teacher Aide, when necessary.
8. Step in to address issues concerning management of the site in the absence of the Site Director.
9. Provide support to Site Director and assist with ECERS/SACERS assessment as required.
How to Apply
Email resume with references to email@example.com