The Child Care Teacher is responsible for the direct supervision, teaching and safety of all enrolled children in the Child Care Program (including a group of up to 12 children). The position plans monthly curriculum and conducts activities for school-age children and assists in the implementation of an enriching and nurturing children’s program. This position must ensure the safety of children at all times.
The Child Care Teacher assists the Site Director and Program Director with the completion of desired results and maintenance of program quality standards for the site. The Child Care teacher may direct the work of a Teacher’s Aide and will provide overall assistance to the site in the absence of the Site Director.
Hours and Salary
Part-Time, 30-35 Hours per week with Benefits (Salary Range is $12.75 to $13.78 per hour)
Our child care program is open Mon-Fri; 7:00 am. To 6:00 pm. You may also be required to attend Saturday training, meetings, and events in addition to your regular work schedule.
Montebello-Commerce YMCA 2353 South Commerce Way, Commerce CA 90040
• AGE: Eighteen years or older
• EDUCATION: high school diploma or equivalent
• ECE UNITS: Twelve units of Early Childhood Education, or three units Early Childhood Education plus nine related or equivalent unit; For Preschool Only: 12 core semester units early childhood education and Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
• RELATED EXPERIENCE: 6 months experience working with children in a group setting;
For Preschool Only: 6 months experience in a licensed child care center
• SPECIALIZED SKILLS: Strong character values; communication skills; emotional maturity
• LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Current First Aid; Adult, Infant and Child CPR Certifications (preferred)
1. Warmly greet children and parents; creating a welcoming and nurturing environment for all participants and guests.
2. Prepare and implement a well-rounded calendar and curriculum for your group that is child-centered, asset based and achieves YMCA goals with children and families.
3. Help children manage behavior using a positive approach, including redirection and using constructive discipline with natural and logical consequences.
4. Maintain an exceptionally clean and safe environment in the child care facility.
5. Work with the site director in providing continuous program feedback to parents regarding their child/children’s participation and behavior in the program, including conferences with parents when necessary.
6. Oversee and provide guidance to assigned Teacher Aide, when necessary.
7. Step in to address issues concerning management of the site in the absence of the Site Director.
How to Apply
Email resume with references to email@example.com
Deadline for submission: November 30, 2017