Water Exercise Instructor
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director and Aquatic Coordinator, the Water Exercise Instructor is responsible for the development, growth, instruction, and motivation of all members participating in the Water Exercise class. The Water Exercise Instructor also functions as a resource for Healthy Lifestyles and other YMCA programs. The Water Exercise Instructor is responsible for member satisfaction and retention and for creating an enjoyable environment for all members.
Hours and Salary
Part-time, non-exempt, less than or equal to 6 hours/week
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Previous background experience as a dancer, group exercise instructor or water exercise instructor is preferred.
• Demonstrate a ten minute class to provide a full body workout.
• Possess the ability and desire to work with types of people with fitness experience (beginner to advanced).
• Have knowledge of water safety.
• Must have current CPR and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent certificate or be willing to get certified within 60 days of employment.
• Possess effective communication skills necessary to inform, motivate and support participants.
• Report to work on time, in uniform, and ready to go.
• Promote the program inside the YMCA and out in the community.
• Attend trainings and meetings pertinent to the program area and professional development.
• Be able to carry supplies, tables, chairs, and other equipment as necessary (weight maximum 25 lbs).
• Be alert both physically and mentally to potential safety and risk situations in order to assure the safety of all swimmers; analyze situations, react appropriately, and remain calm and efficient in handling problems.
• Attend all mandatory monthly staff meetings, quarterly trainings and all staff meetings, and one-on-one sessions with your supervisor.
• Always be professional, alert, courteous and diplomatic.
How to Apply
To apply, send resumes with cover letter to Art De La Rosa firstname.lastname@example.org