Our Adventure Guide programs launch parents and children on a journey of discovery, with your child as the explorer and you, the parent, as the guide. Age ranges for children are tailored to each program.
These unique programs provide a tremendous opportunity for you to bond and get to know your child while they’re still young. Group activities include games, crafts, songs, stories, skits, ceremonies, and outdoor pursuits such as camping, hiking and swimming. Spending quality one-on-one time with your child will build memories that will last a lifetime.
“My son and I had an amazing time at Joshua Tree with other Dads and sons. Hiking together, sitting around the campfire, playing games and just gazing up at the stars was memorable for both of us. We can’t wait to do another Adventure Guide program next year.”
The goals of our Adventure Guides programs are to:
- Foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for a positive, lifelong relationship between you and your child
- Build your child’s self-esteem and personal worth
- Expand your child’s awareness of spirit, mind, and body
- Provide the framework for you and your child to spend enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together
- Emphasize the vital role that you play in the growth and development of your child
- Offer an important opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills
Check out the Adventure Guide programs we offer and if you have any questions, just give us a call.
Participants are formed into tribes with other fathers and sons, or fathers and daughters. These small groups meet once or twice a month in the evenings and take part in a monthly weekend activity. Group activities include crafts, songs, games and weekend events.
These small tribes form a larger group, the Nation, with events including a winter weekend at Camp Whittle, spring family campout, weekends at Camp Fox in Catalina Island, bowling and more.
2017 – 2018 Adventure Guides Calendar
September 16 – Bowling
October 13 – 15 – Camp Fox, Catalina Island
November 11 – Thanksgiving Baskets
December 3 – Pinewood Derby
January 5 – 7 – YMCA Camp Whittle, Big Bear
February – Soccer Game
March – Camp Trask Campout
April 21 – Overnight
June – Spring Family Campout
For grades K - 4 and parents:
$150 Parent & Child
$175 for Family
*Program fee for facility members is only $60 per family.