Before and After School Care
Our before-school and after-school programs offer working parents a safe haven for their children outside regular school hours. We provide a staff-to-child ratio of 1:14 and year-round care by instructors who specialize in education and child development.
“I’m a single mother and my 11-year old son needs someplace to go after school. I work until 6:00 pm, so knowing he’s in a safe place and able to complete his homework before I pick him up is a huge relief.”
Our thoughtful curriculum includes homework time, fun enrichment classes and the chance to work with community organizations. Your child’s safety is our priority, so we also require a majority of our childcare staff to be certified in CPR, first aid and water safety. Every member of our team undergoes a thorough background check prior to employment.
As we recognize the importance of quality care for kids, financial assistance is available to qualifying families.
Protection, support, peace-of-mind.
Santa Clarita Valley Family YMCA Before and After School Programs offer:
- Quality, affordable and dependable care
- Based at child’s school
- Safe environment
- Licensed by Child Care Licensing Division of the California Department of Social Services
- Homework Assistance
- Family Nights
Children will enjoy:
- Health, Wellness, & Fitness
- Service Learning
- Conflict Resolution & Social Competency
- Group Games
- Arts & Crafts
- Character Development Activities
- Healthy Snacks Daily
- Additional enrichment clubs are offered to the program participants. Each club focuses on a specific topic for a 3-4 week period. The enrichment clubs are included in the cost of the program. Enrichment clubs may vary per site.
Licensed by the State of California, YMCA Before- and After-School Programs are regulated by health, safety and program quality standards. Staff must be 18 years old and undergone live scan fingerprint, physical & TB tests, child abuse and criminal record clearances. Teachers must have completed 12 college credits in child care related units. All staff are also required to be First Aid and CPR certified.
> 5 conveniently located sites
> Before-school care starting at 6:30 am at selective sites and
after-school care until 6:30 pm
For more information, contact our Member Center at 661 253 3593.