School-Age Child Care
Our before-school and after-school programs offer working parents a safe haven for their children outside regular school hours. We provide a staff-to-child ratio of 1:14 and year-round care by instructors who specialize in education and child development.
“I’m a single mother and my 11-year old son needs someplace to go after school. I work until 6:00 pm, so knowing he’s in a safe place and able to complete his homework before I pick him up is a huge relief.”
Our thoughtful curriculum includes homework time, fun enrichment classes and the chance to work with community organizations. Your child’s safety is our priority, so we also require a majority of our childcare staff to be certified in CPR, first aid and water safety. Every member of our team undergoes a thorough background check prior to employment.
As we recognize the importance of quality care for kids, financial assistance is available to qualifying families.
Protection, support, peace-of-mind.
Santa Clarita Valley Family YMCA Before and After School Programs offer:
- Quality, affordable and dependable care
- Based at child’s school
- Safe environment
- Licensed by Child Care Licensing Division of the California Department of Social Services
- Homework Assistance
- Family Nights
Children will enjoy:
- Health, Wellness, & Fitness
- Service Learning
- Conflict Resolution & Social Competency
- Group Games
- Arts & Crafts
- Character Development Activities
- Healthy Snacks Daily
- Additional enrichment clubs are offered to the program participants. Each club focuses on a specific topic for a 3-4 week period. The enrichment clubs are included in the cost of the program. Enrichment clubs may vary per site.
Licensed by the State of California, YMCA Before- and After-School Programs are regulated by health, safety and program quality standards. Staff must be 18 years old and undergone live scan fingerprint, physical & TB tests, child abuse and criminal record clearances. Teachers must have completed 12 college credits in child care related units. All staff are also required to be First Aid and CPR certified.
For more information, contact our Member Center at 661 253 3593.