Here are some links so you and your family can stay informed on the latest news and information surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- California Department of Public Health: COVID-19 Updates
- Los Angeles Safer At Home Order
FOOD ACCESS IN LOS ANGELES
We recognize that this crisis has had a huge impact on so many of us. For information on Food Access In Los Angeles, please visit the Los Angeles Controller’s office website.
Child360 had a great COVID-19 Support Hub with details about nearly every program that is associated with the COVID-19 outbreak. Everything from maintaining relationships to information about loan programs and stimulus checks. Learn more...
Even though we can’t go out, there are literally thousands of places you can visit virtually. Right now, museums, zoos and aquariums from all over the world are making their collections available through virtual tours.
- Explore the Getty Center
- Virtual Exhibits from the LA County of Museum of Art
- Visit the Palace of Versailles
- Gaze at the ceiling of the Sisteen Chapel
- Visit any of these 2,500 Museums from around the world
- Visit the Louvre - You can finally see the Mona Lisa without the crowds.
- Live Cameras from the San Diego Zoo
- Live Cameras from the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Visit Yosemite - They’re offering a great virtual way to experience the park.
- Tour San Francisco's Museum of Modern Art
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Student Activities
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Gallery of Art
CHILDHOOD EDUCATION RESOURCES
These resources are provided by the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles childhood development start. With the Los Angeles County's “Safer at Home” order in place, we know it’s a challenging time for everyone. Here are several educational resource links to help you and your kids stay engaged, including fun activities from our partner the LA Kings.
- Learn at Home with the LA Kings
- Khan Academy K-12 Classes
- SV Education: Grades 3-10 (Spanish)
- YMCA of Silicon Valley: Virtual Workouts
- Scholastic Learn At Home Program PreK - 6
- Swing Education list of 20 Online Learning Resources
- Sites for Families (Google Doc): Multiple Categories
- Water Safety Lesson Plan
- KQED Learn at Home Resources
- Shape America: Physical Fitness & Tech Tutorials
- Outschool Online Classes Ages 3-18
- Sesame Street Early Childhood Learning Resources
- SchoolChoice Week: Parent Resources During Coronavirus
- Ocean Clean Up Lesson Plan
STAY FIT AT HOME WITH OUR VIRTUAL WORKOUTS
Even though we can’t be working out together, the Y is making is possible for you to stay healthy from home! We have a number of options for you to continue your health journey, even though you can’t be at the gym. We’ve partnered with Y360 and LifeFitness to provide you with online workout at home.
The YMCA of Greater Vancouver is making their entire online library of workouts available to us during this crisis. Visit their Thrive at Home workout page. Simply select the topic that interests you most and it will link you to the appropriate YouTube page with their workouts for that topic.
The My Y Virtual YouTube channel is also available to our members for additional workouts.
We have also launched a 30-day at home fitness challenge on Friday, April 3rd. For 30 days, we challenging our members to complete 600 minutes of physical activity over the next 30 days. Compete with Y members to see who can rack up the most points! For those of you who haven’t started, it’s not too late! Challenge yourself to workout for 600 minutes over the next 30 days! 600 minutes sounds like a lot, but over 30 days, that’s only 20 minutes per day! We know you got this!
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
We’re all facing uncertainty and anxiety during this unusually challenging time. Please use these resources to help you and your loved ones to help you manage the emotional strain brought on by COVID-19.
- National Institute of Mental Health General Resources
- National Institute of Mental Health Covid-19 Guide
- Virus Anxiety Support
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies - CDC
- Tips for Calming Anxious Kids
- PBS - How to De-Stress With Your Kids
- How to Help Children Manage Fears
- Talking to Anxious Teens About COVID-19