Our Adventure Guide programs launch parents and children on a journey of discovery, with your child as the explorer and you, the parent, as the guide. Age ranges for children are tailored to each program and vary by branch.
These unique programs provide a tremendous opportunity for you to bond and get to know your child while they’re still young. Group activities include games, crafts, songs, stories, skits, ceremonies, and outdoor pursuits such as camping, hiking and swimming. Spending quality one-on-one time with your child will build memories that will last a lifetime.
The goals of our Adventure Guides programs are to:
- Foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for a positive, lifelong relationship between you and your child
- Build your child’s self-esteem and personal worth
- Expand your child’s awareness of spirit, mind, and body
- Provide the framework for you and your child to spend enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together
- Emphasize the vital role that you play in the growth and development of your child
- Offer an important opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills
Check out the Adventure Guide programs offered at your local Y and if you have any questions, just give them a call.