Teen Lead Program
(Leadership, Exercise, and Academic Development)
Teen Lead is after-school program that focuses on public service, academic achievement, environmental awareness, character development and physical fitness for 7th-12th graders. During this 8-week course, participants meet once a week, are required to attend at least two workshops and volunteer at least one YMCA sanctioned event to receive credit or 30 hours or leadership/community hours.
From this program teens gain:
- Self-confidence by learning to accept and overcome challenges
- Self-esteem by creating a solid network of friends and growing into role models for their peers
- Involvement in community service projects
- Support to finish high school and prepare for college
- Life skills workshops to prepare them for a positive future
For more information on our Lead program, visit your local Y.