Summer Day Camp
YMCA Summer Day Camp provides a safe and enriching environment for campers (K-5th grade) to participate in healthy, developmentally-appropriate activities and learning experiences. Our camps focus on having fun while learning, building self-esteem and developing social skills through new activities. Weekly themes keep campers engaged and provide a basis for kids to learn about themselves and the world around them. With so many options, it’s easy for your child to have the best summer ever!
Our YMCA Summer Day Camp program is accredited by the American Camp Association, which means you can rest assured that we've met rigorous standards for organization, safety, health and program development. ACA is the only independent accrediting organization reviewing camp operations in the country. ACA's nationally recognized standards program focuses primarily on program quality, health, and safety aspects of a camp's operation. ACA collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at the camp reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation.
The Gasol Foundation, founded by NBA All-Stars Pau Gasol and Marc Gasol, will introduce ENERGY (Educating, Nutrition, Exercise, Rest, and Goodness to Youth) to our campers. Each week, ENERGY activities will take campers on a learning adventure to discover different planets (topics) so they can learn to live in a Healthy Galaxy (lifestyle).
Download Application & Day Camp Information Packet
- Day Camp Application
- Day Camp Application Spanish
- Day Camp Information Packet
- Day Camp Information Packet Spanish
- Parent Handbook
- Parent Handbook Spanish
Weingart East Los Angeles YMCA
2900 Whittier Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90023
For more information, contact Hector Lopez at [email protected].
Day Camp Hours
Drop off: Between 7:30am – 9:00am
Program: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Extended Care: 4:00pm – 6:00pm (Additional $20 per week)
Members: $99 per week
Non-Members: $149 per week
Financial assistance is available for all members that would like to qualify for a reduced cost. In order to apply, print out the full application and ensure the last portion or the application, titled “Financial Assistance” is completely filled out. The application should be turned in to the YMCA in order for the financial assistance to be considered before payment is made for the Day Camp.
Weeks of Camp and Themes
Week 1: June 10 - June 14 “Wacky and Wonderful”
Week 2: June 17 - June 22 “Inventors Workshop”
Week 3: June 24 - June 28 “Carnival Week”
Week 4: July 1 - July 5 “The Arts Camp”
Week 5: July 8 - July 12 “Celebration of Nations”
Week 6: July 15 - July 19 “Olympics Camp”
Week 7: July 22 - July 26 “Super Hero Week”
Week 8: July 29 - August 2 “Y’s Got Talent”
Week 9: August 5 - August 9 “Gameshow Week”
Week 10: August 12 - August 16 “College Week”
Why Choose Us for Day Camp
- Various exciting programs that engage spirit, mind and body
- Our programs are designed to build character and give children
- the support they need to become successful adults
- Carefully screened and qualified staff receiving more than
- 24 hours of training in camp safety and program quality
- American Camp Association Accreditation - acacamps.org
- Convenient hours
- Affordable rates with financial assistance available
- Early registration
- Camp themes that change every week!
Typical Daily Schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the steps to register for Day Camp?
- Visit our YMCA and collect a Day Camp Application. Complete the application and turn in the immunization records and a photo of your child. Once the application is complete, drop it off and register your child/children for Day Camp. The director will contact you once the application has been reviewed. You will pay for at least 1 week of Day Camp during registration.
Can I register my child for only 1 week of day camp?
- Yes, you can register your child for however many weeks of camp you’d like.
If I register my child for more than one week, do I have to pay all of the weeks at once?
- No, you may set up a payment plan so you can be charged the Friday prior to each week you register your child. To set up a payment plan you will need a debit/credit card. The card will be charged automatically for each specific week.
If I set up a payment plan for various weeks, but something unexpected happens and I cannot bring my child anymore, will I still be charged?
- No, you will not be charged. However, you must notify the Day Camp Coordinator of any changes to your schedule, especially if you have a payment plan for various weeks, so we can cancel any future automatic payments from your card.
What is the typical outfit my child will need to bring to camp?
- Assure your child has closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothes as there will be outdoor activities. Also, pack a swim suit or swim trunk for swim lessons.
Will my child receive a Day Camp Shirt?
- Yes, your child will receive a Day Camp shirt to be worn on field trip days.
Can any other people other than myself pick up my child from Day Camp?
- Yes, any other person listed as an emergency contact on the Day Camp application may pick up your child from Day Camp.