A student election worker must be 16 years of age, a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, and a high school student in good academic standing. Participating students will receive a stipend for their service along with firsthand experience with the democratic process.
To serve as a student election worker you must:
- Attend training.
- Submit a written consent form signed by a parent/guardian and teacher. If you do not have a consent form you can print one here.
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have a reliable email address that is checked regularly.
- Be in good physical condition that allows extensive periods of sitting, standing, and some moderate lifting.
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Have reliable transportation to training class and vote center
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Election Worker Program at (562) 462–2840 or email at email@example.com.
Join @yteensLA on Instagram Live on Tuesday October 13 & Wednesday October 14 from 5pm-5:45pm to learn how you can apply to become a Student Election Worker in this year's election! Text "YTEEN" to 888111 for more updates!
The presentation will include:
- “Impact of Your Vote”
- Overview of the 2020 Election Process
- Requirements to apply for the Student Election Worker Program
- Student Tips for Empowerment