Our Adventure Guide programs launch parents and children on a journey of discovery, with your child as the explorer and you, the parent, as the guide. Age ranges for children are tailored to each program.
These unique programs provide a tremendous opportunity for you to bond and get to know your child while they’re still young. Group activities include games, crafts, songs, stories, skits, ceremonies, and outdoor pursuits such as camping, hiking and swimming. Spending quality one-on-one time with your child will build memories that will last a lifetime.
The goals of our Adventure Guides programs are to:
- Foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for a positive, lifelong relationship between you and your child
- Build your child’s self-esteem and personal worth
- Expand your child’s awareness of spirit, mind, and body
- Provide the framework for you and your child to spend enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together
- Emphasize the vital role that you play in the growth and development of your child
- Offer an important opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills
Check out the Adventure Guide programs we offer and if you have any questions, just give us a call.
Groups meet once a month in the evenings and take part in a monthly weekend activities including crafts, storytelling, games and weekend events.
Tribes also meet altogether once a month as the “Anopi Nation,” usually on a weekend for a larger event or camping trip. Parent volunteers organize activities for the tribe and Nation according to group interests and skills. The Native American theme is used respectfully to help focus the groups and to bring traditional, nature-themed values and an organizational structure into the program.
For grades K - 3
Facility Members $100 per pair
Program Members $200 per pair
Facility Members $50
Program Members $100